I try to play as much as daytime job would allow. Below you’ll find some of my recent activities.
- John Fichte Trio: „Get it out“It took some time, but now it is released: John Fichte Trio’s EP „Get it out“. Tracking began somewhat around March 2023. Drums for five tracks were finished in one day, I even found the time to do a few percussion overdubs here and there (bongo, cow bell, tambourine, maybe some shakers). Drums, bass and… John Fichte Trio: „Get it out“ weiterlesen
- POEMPL: „4830“ (Punkrock EP)24 hours, 6 songs: We got together under the objective not to spend more hours than just 4 per song – and this included writing the material, think of the lyrics and learning to play that song. Another objective was to drink as much beer as possible. And so we did. We called the band… POEMPL: „4830“ (Punkrock EP) weiterlesen
- Disco, Disco, Disco: „Lift off (Moon RMX)“Recently, I manoeuvred myself into the field of disco music. It turned out that there is more to it than the disco beat we all now and have to play from time to time. Not that there would be more beats – even Steve Gadd does little to alter the material. Main challenge is to… Disco, Disco, Disco: „Lift off (Moon RMX)“ weiterlesen
- Mir first drum coverI just found out how to integrate iPhone vids into the DAW. This gives me the opportunity of doing „drum covers“. So here is my very first attempt: a random song of a band, I usually don’t listen to – but is has handclaps and I also wanted to use the SPD/SX. Looks shit, but,… Mir first drum cover weiterlesen
- Brushes for Rudi ProtrudiIt is not often the case that I’m asked to play brushes. When that happens I have to run and get my shit back together. I ain’t no expert on playing the brushes (well, who is?) but I started to like them. There are a lot of different techniques to choose from – and in… Brushes for Rudi Protrudi weiterlesen
- Percussive Dance TheatreThree days in a row at Theaterforum Kreuzberg: In March 2023 the Italian dance group „Gut Reaction“ brought their production „HUMANT“ once again on stage. This event was sidelined by a group of drum and dance student who performed a piece as an opening act. I had the pleasure to be one of them. The… Percussive Dance Theatre weiterlesen
- Dreizack: Edito BrazilThis is my electronic music project: Founded on Superbooth it’s two guys on audio tracker and DAW. Everything is done inside the box – except for live drums and percussion. We don’t use stock samples or synth presets but rather programme or record them ourselves. An example can be heard on ToAuto(FoMat) / Edito Brazil.… Dreizack: Edito Brazil weiterlesen